A little bit of the history of the Library. To see the complete history see: www.mywpl.ca/library-history.
1904 - City of Woodstock passes a by-law for the establishment of a public library and donates land at northeast corner of Hunter and Graham Streets for a library building
1905 - Carnegie Foundation awards City of Woodstock a grant of $24,000 for the construction of a library
1909 - Carnegie funded library building opened
1935 - Membership 3,341
1976 - City of Woodstock designates Carnegie library a historic building
1984 - Membership 8,100
The Woodstock Public Library, plus Theatre Woodstock and Woodstock Market are all available as greeting cards at the Woodstock Art Gallery (WAG) gift shop. Reproduced from original illustrations, which are also available at the WAG gift shop.